Monday, February 7, 2011

La Bella e la Bestia


On Tuesday night I went with my two roommates and a friend to the theater to see a production of La Bella e la Bestia (Beauty and the Beast). It was a fantastic performance and was so good that it was easy to forget it was in Italian. The “Be Our Guest” scene was by far the best scene in my opinion. This was also the first day that we could begin using our monthly bus/metro passes, so we took advantage of that. Unfortunately the metro is not working after 9 pm until April of 2012 because they are making a Line C, so we had to catch a night bus back to the Residence. While we did not have a choice that time, it will be rare to find us on a night bus again! There are some really interesting characters that ride that bus. Overall, though, it was certainly a lovely evening. Sorry for so few pictures - we were not allowed to use our cameras in the theater.
Me, Sara, Rhiannon, and Jenn in front...all very excited!


1 comment:

  1. Beauty and the Beast is one of my absolute favorites! To be honest, I have only seen the movie and I have not seen the actual musical yet (even though I have sung one song from it already), but......I can imagine how AWESOME it was to hear the entire musical in Italian! It must have been a GREAT experience!

    ReplyDelete