Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Taste of My Rome Home

I thought it might be fun to give you a taste of where I live, the places we frequent, and let you see where we attend classes. So here's a post of pictures!
1) A tabaccheria...where I buy my stamps and everyone else buys cigarettes and lottery tickets.

 2) Carrefour: the supermarket down the street. We shop here, at the fresh market, and at another grocery store, Todis, which is cheaper but farther away.





3) All of the street signs in Rome (and throughout Italy) are posted on buildings. This one is of the Piazza down the street from the Residence.





4) Trionfale Market: the fresh market where we try to buy most of our fruits and vegetables.


5) These pharmacies (farmacia) -always indicated by a green plus -are everywhere in Rome...thankfully I haven't had to visit one yet!


6) Villa Caproni: this is Temple's school building (center of the picture), right across the Tiber River.


7) Student lounge inside Villa Caproni







8) Computer lab at school





9) Wall of students outside the library and the computer lab


10) La Feltrinelli: the Italian version of Borders or Barnes and Noble





11) Corner of the street where we live





12) The Residence! I live in the building back on the left (it's hard to see in this picture). The laundry room is, of course, in the back building on the right. They're building a new laundry room in the basement of my building, but it won't be finished until we leave...go figure!





So there you have it! There is obviously much much more that I see each day, but these are the basics of a typical day of my life in Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment